3.1.14

And So It Begins...



Hello!!!... Happy New Year. I can't believe it's already 2014. 2011 feels just like yesterday: it was the year I began University and also one of the creepiest years of my existence. Do you remember the numerous rumors circulating about how the world was going to end in 2012? I mean, I am a Christian, and according to my beliefs, that would have been impossible; however, for some really weird reason I was still really creeped out on the inside. Alas! It's 2014 and the Earth hasn't exploded, fallen, or disappeared into tiny molecules yet.

2014 means a lot to me. I have just one more year to complete University, but instead of feeling really happy, I actually feel pretty overwhelmed. All of a sudden, it has dawned on me that I will soon be going into the 'real world'; my own life will begin in only a matter of months. Also, I'll be hitting the big 2 0 this year (*gasp* yeah yeah yeah... ssshhhh... I know it's really not that big, and I'm still very young; however, it scares me a lot! :/).


As usual, I have made my list of resolutions for this year. This time, however, I am prepared to commit to these resolutions 100%. I have decided to work hard (the truth is I realized I do not put in even up to 70% of my abilities in most of the things I do... YES; That has to stop this year.). Also, I want to be a mover, doer and a shaker. Most of all though, I want to get to know the God who has kept me to this moment better.


Shop This Look:
Top: Dynamite(Available) | Skirt: Target(Available) | Necklace: Ghana | Earrings: Aldo(Available) | Wristwatch: Avon | Shoes: MakeMeChic

It's your turn now: what are some of your plans/resolutions for 2014? I wish you an extremely successful year. Make sure you follow me on Instagram and Twitter to keep up-to-date this year, especially with my new YouTube channel.

Xo

Kike.

10 comments:

  1. I've been looking for that kind of top (in white) FOREVER and it looks marvelous on you. I can't believe you're only 20, you look so much older (it's a good thing oo). My resolution this year is to be P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E no matter what happens. Positivity brings about happiness and that's what I'm all about. Happiness! I wish you luck this year, and to help you achieve your goals, have you thought about a vision board? I'm working on mine right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A vision board is such a great idea! Being positive, generally optimistic is another major goal I have set for this year. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4.1.14

    Cute! That necklace is hot!

    www.webreaktrends.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely. The clothes, hair, everything is gorgeous. I'm also quite overwhelmed because I've just realized that next year I'll be going to University in a foreign country away from my parents. At first I was excited now I'm just plain scared lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Demilade. Aww, don't worry! It'll be fun, I'm sure.

      Delete
  4. Looove your Ghanaian braids. Can't believe that gorgeous skirt was from target. Love it

    www.mzcocoh.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. Since I began shopping at Target, I've stumbled over so many amazing pieces for really good deals.

      Delete
  5. you look beautiful.
    love your skirt and necklace.

    http://ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love this look! Your skin is so radiant and beautiful! Great look!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation!